We shine a light on the best schools, programs
From developing after-school IT programs for youth to sharing best practices in classroom IT training, we bring you the best in tech-based STEM programs, so that you can implement ideas in your own local area.
Tools to Bring More Students into Tech Classes
Technology teachers and STEM enthusiasts: Would you like to engage more student participation in your courses or afterschool tech programs? Creating IT Futures’ FREE PowerPoint presentation, This Is Where
Read about El Dorado High School in El Paso, Texas, where students willingly come in on Saturdays to learn more about and work with IT. Want to see the El Dorado students in action? View a video on how students get the training and certifications to graduate IT job ready – whether they are college bound or not.
GameChanger STEM Programs
Whether it’s developing after school IT programs for youth or sharing best practices in classroom-based IT training, our GameChanger video series highlights the best of tech-based STEM programs across the country. In two of our videos, learn lessons for a master teacher for attracting diverse students to IT and keeping them motivated and engaged.
CompTIA BYTE Initiative
CompTIA's BYTE initiative prepares and equips present and future tech leaders to engage with their own children and youth in their community, as well as with local teachers, schools and nonprofits to help next generations become aware of their ability to have a career in tech. The site offers a list of resources for tech leaders, businesses, parents and school officials.
More STEM Resources
- Challenges with
MiddleSchool Technology Curriculum
- Code Studio: Middle School Curriculum
- Middle School Computer Science Resources
- National Girls Collaborative Project
- Tech Tips for Teachers: Middle School Computer Lessons
- College and Career Ready: What It Means for Middle School Students
- The Importance of STEM Education for Middle School Students
- Science, Technology, Engineering
andMath: Education for Global Leadership
- STEM Across the Middle Grades Curriculum
- Generation STEM: What Girls Say about Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math
- Project Exploration's Sisters4Science: Involving Urban Girls of Color in Science Out of School
- Big Brothers/Big Sisters: A Study of Program Practices
- How Effective Are Mentoring Programs for Youth? A Systematic Assessment of the Evidence
- The Mentoring Effect: Young People’s Perspectives on the Outcomes and Availability of Mentoring
- The Role of Risk: Mentoring Experiences and Outcomes for Youth with Varying Risk Profiles
Stateof Mentoring in Illinois
- Using Mentoring Research Findings to Build Effective Programs