Soft Skills Resources
Building Soft Skills in Hard-Skilled Tech Workers
Employers of IT talent—in all industry verticals—consistently point to a job candidate’s professional “soft” skills as key to hiring and advancing in pay and promotions.
We’ve created a series of interactive, classroom-based training courses to help IT workers move into new IT jobs and up the career ladder.
In our PrepareU course, students learn how to: develop a personal brand and 60-second pitch; perfect their resume and interviewing skills; work within a team and deal with difficult colleagues; be more persuasive; increase their perceived value as a worker; and much more.
PrepareU consists of approximately 30-60 hours of classroom training that can be scheduled in a variety of ways. Our classes:
- Create realistic expectations for an IT career.
- Prepare students for a job search and job interview.
- Develop good workplace habits and skills.
- Increase student confidence and motivation, emotional intelligence, and awareness of differing personalities.
- Build teamwork, including review of standard sexual harassment and diversity sensitivity policies.
- Demonstrate stress/anxiety management tools.
- Provide a realistic context of an IT work environment.
All our IT-Ready courses have PrepareU training built into the curriculum.