Be a Hero to a Hero
Every November, Creating IT Futures participates in Giving Tuesday, a global day of giving fueled by the power of social media and collaboration. This year, Giving Tuesday is November 27, the Tuesday following Thanksgiving.
This year on Giving Tuesday, we need your help to spread our biggest news ever:
- a two-fold increase in the number of IT-Ready classes for 2019; and
- a dedicated effort to bring military veterans into the program.
Launching on November 8, our “Be a Hero to a Hero” campaign asks you, our supporters, to join us in raising funds that will enable thousands of military veterans to take the first step, not just to a new job, but to a family-sustaining career in IT.
Please take a moment to visit our dedicated fundraising page on Classy.org and either make a donation or join us in the fundraising effort! We look forward to working with you in support of IT-Ready’s expansion and the purposeful work of helping veterans find meaningful careers in the IT industry.
Interested in joining the campaign? Become a Fundraiser!
By joining us as a fundraiser, you or your team can contribute to this worthy cause. Visit our campaign site and click the “become a fundraiser” button to set up your own fundraising page.
Spread the word!
Following are resources that will help spread the word about the “Be a Hero to a Hero” campaign. Leverage your Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn or email list to help bring more veterans into IT careers!
- Download the Be a Hero to a Hero Campaign Images to help you share our news. Inside the zip file, you’ll find banner graphics for your social media pages as well as daily graphics to post.
- Download the Be a Hero to a Hero Countdown Tweets to go along with the daily graphics.
- Download the full Fundraiser Toolkit, showing you how to start your individual campaign page and supplying you with the email copy, social media tips and talking points for the campaign.
- For a list of success stories about veterans in IT-Ready, check out the sidebar on this page. Plus, you can share our video about National Guardsman Brant Backes and his success.