Creating IT Futures’ partners know how important diversity is in retaining and expanding their workforce. And research, including this article from Entrepreneur magazine, shows that a diverse workforce correlates to higher productivity levels and increased profitability.
At this year's Communities and Councils Forum from CompTIA, the top IT trade association and the parent of Creating IT Futures, nurturing existing talent while focusing on diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) was a big part of the conversation. Demetria Miles-McDonald, founder and CEO of Decide Diversity, spoke with CompTIA’s Val Haskell to explain more.
They discussed five steps an organization can take to cultivate existing talent while also focusing on diversity, equity and inclusion, including:
- Diversifying leadership to include high-potential employees
- Rethinking the annual review
- Letting high-potential employees know that they are considered such
- Keeping valuable employees engaged and challenged, and
- Sponsoring high-potential employees and giving them a place at the table.
Read more about the conversation here.