Empowering Girls To Be Future Technology Leaders
TechGirlz is accomplishing our mission through the creation of free, fun, interactive educational experiences within a community of peers. Programs are led by industry professionals, leaders and students who support our goal of inspiring girls to go on to pursue additional tech opportunities. The organization offers workshops, called TechShopz, summer camps and volunteer programs for teen girls, all staffed by volunteers who share our passion of bringing girls into IT. Our hands-on workshops span a range of topics from game design to cybersecurity and Artificial Intelligence to 3-D printing. Click here to see a full list of topics.
Looking for a way to support TechGirlz this holiday season?
We have a few ideas for the holidays and all year!
- Round up the spare change from your everyday purchases and donate it to TechGirlz - Learn how your change can help create change
- Buy a gift for someone (or for yourself!) from the TechGirlz CafePress store - a portion of every purchase goes directly to TechGirlz programs
- Gift a donation in someone’s name - whether it is for a holiday, birthday, graduation, or a gift for no reason at all
- Make your own tax-deductible financial contribution
Thank you for your support!
"TechGirlz creates safe and supportive opportunities where girls can explore technology, expand their knowledge about IT, and help them become more confident about their mastery of IT," says Alicia Park, the national outreach manager for TechGirlz.
of girls changed their mind positively about a tech career after a TechShop
Girls across the globe that have attended our free, hands-on TechShopz
Number of countries that TechGirlz curricula has been taught
Support TechGirlz Today
We offer numerous ways that corporations and individuals can support TechGirlz, from direct sponsorships to partnerships and volunteerism. Have a passion for sharing what you know about tech careers? Want to give back in a meaningful way? We’d love for you to get involved in TechGirlz’ TechShopz programs. Many opportunities abound for leading, assisting, or providing support for workshops:
- Volunteer to teach or host a workshop! Girls are interested to learn about career paths and companies where they could aspire to be. Learn more about volunteering with TechGirlz and get started here.
- TechGirlz also has lesson plans for in-person and virtual TechCampz available for download. Use one of our prebuilt TechCampz in a Box programs or, for a small fee, work with the TechGirlz staff to create your own custom TechCamp plan that includes a daily itinerary, advertising, and swag!
- Run a Techshop for girls in your community. Our TechShopz in a Box curriculum is available free for download.
Please contact us for more opportunities to volunteer with our programs.
Salvaging summer with technology
When Louisville teen summer camps were canceled, the Technology Association of Louisville Kentucky turned to TechGirlz for an alternative approach. Online camps underwritten by Verizon Foundation showed teens fun and interactive ways to apply technology.
TechGirlz Goes Virtual in Response to Covid-19
With in-person TechGirlz workshops cancelled due to coronavirus, the organization keeps up its mission of inspiring girls to explore the possibilities of technology and creates virtual TechShopz.
Former TechShopz Attendee Develops Interest in Combining Medicine and Technology for Future Career
During this season of gratitude, we recognize three teen volunteers, high-school technologists who advance the mission of TechGirlz by leading workshops and encouraging girls to embrace technology. Today’s installment features Dhivya Arasappan.