CompTIA, the world’s leading tech association, and parent organization to Creating IT Futures, is offering the CompTIA IT Fundamentals (ITF+) ebook and certification voucher free of charge to middle and high school teachers involved in STEM education and other curricula. This offer is part of a dedicated effort to help teachers learn more about IT and apply that knowledge to their classrooms and their careers.
The IT Fundamentals exam focuses on essential IT skills and knowledge needed to perform tasks commonly performed by advanced end-users and entry-level IT professionals. These skills include:
- IT concepts and terminology
- IT infrastructure
- Applications & Software
- Software development
- Database fundamentals
Teachers who teach any subject to children in grades 6-12 are eligible for this limited-time benefit from CompTIA, which is valued at $168.
Whether they already are involved in teaching STEM or IT classes, or they are interested in broadening their tech knowledge, being certified in ITF+ can benefit teachers:
- In their teaching: Gain new and expanded knowledge in IT and its applications to help teach STEM and IT classes in new and better ways.
- In their careers as educators: There is high demand for technology teachers in today’s schools. This certification can open up more job opportunities and contribute to job security by having more knowledge of tech.
Teachers who are interested in learning more about the offer, or in requesting the free ebook and voucher can visit https://www.creatingitfutures.org/itf-teachers-campaign
This offer is for a limited time only – the free ebook and voucher are only available through February 29, 2020. And as an incentive to teachers everywhere, CompTIA is offering teachers who complete and pass the exam as part of this promotion an entry into a drawing for a $100 Amazon e-gift card.
Related resources from CompTIA and Creating IT Futures:
- 6 signs your school has a quality tech program (part 1) (blog post)
- 6 signs your school has a quality tech program (part 2) (blog post)
- GameChanger STEM Programs (video series)
- FREE PowerPoint presentation, This Is Where IT Is At! (teacher resource)
- FUSE Lab Field Trip: Interest-Based Learning in Middle Schools (podcast)