Which industry provides the best model for filling our nation’s tech skills gap? In his recent talk at a U.S. News & World Report “Workforce of Tomorrow” event, award-winning author and Creating IT Futures CEO Charles Eaton told an audience to look to pro basketball.
Eaton believes the NBA and WNBA have three lessons to teach other big businesses about defining, refining and inspiring talent in complex, competitive careers like IT.
Watch his talk here:
- What the Business of Basketball Can Teach Companies about Nurturing Tech Talent (Technologist Talk Podcast)
- 3 Traits of Tech MVPs (CompTIA blog)
- Being the MVP in Your Tech Career (Creating IT Futures blog)
- The Middle-Skill Opportunity: A Blueprint for Job Growth (Creating IT Futures blog)
- Inspiring a Generation of Tech Champions: How Gen. Z Can Become Future IT MVPs (Recruiter Today article)