Apply for PrepareU or Project Essentials
Ready to join our tuition-free, training programs for entry-level IT workers? Students need to answer yes to the following questions:
- Do you live in or near Edina, MN, or Raleigh, NC?
- Are you at least 18 years old?
- Are you a U.S. citizen or legal immigrant?
- Are you a high school graduate or do you have a GED?
- Do you have access to a computer with Internet connection?
- Have you already achieved an associate or bachelor’s degree in computer science or information technology, OR earned at least one IT certification (a CompTIA certification is preferred but not required), OR enrolled in an IT training class working toward a certification?
To begin your application, complete the form below. Your location and proximity to an available training location will be verified and you will be redirected to the full application if you geographically qualify for the program.
Currently, we’re accepting applications to our Edina, MN location in the Twin Cities.
Once you’ve submitted an online application, we review it. Training spots are limited. Our initial decision on who moves forward in the process is based on level of need. The list is further refined through one or more of the following stages:
- A telephone interview.
- An online assessment.
- An in-person written Test for Adult Basic Education for reading and math. (Candidates must score at the 10th-grade level or higher.)
- An in-person interview.
- A criminal background check.
Applicants can be dropped from consideration at any point during this process. Candidates who successfully move through all of these steps may be invited to join our free training classes.